Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Allie Nicole Pitta is here!

Our sweet angel, Allie Nicole, was born on Friday August 26, 2011 at 12:35 am weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. 

Things didn't exactly go as planned, but I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out.  As I had mentioned before, I was scheduled to be induced on Friday August 26th at 7 am.  Well Allie had a plan of her own and decided she wanted to come out on her own time, but since it was now Thursday evening she had to make it quick because there were only a few hours left before she would be forced out.   I was in the kitchen with my mom Thursday afternoon cooking pasta that I was going to freeze for dinner for the following week when I started having contractions.  The contractions quickly intensified and starting coming closer and closer together.  Jeff was in Murfreesboro in a meeting for work so I had to wait 45 minutes for him to get home, at which point my contractions were coming every 3 or so minutes apart.  By the time we got to the hospital, around 8:00, the contractions were coming every minute at least, some every 30 seconds or so.  I was BEGGING for an epidural, but I had to wait until they could get me into a room, which took about an hour and a half.  Apparently the drop in barometric pressure from hurricane Irene had put everyone into labor so the Centennial hospital maternity ward was a full house.  Thanks a lot Irene!

Once I was in the room and got my epidural, I was in epidural heaven.  No pain, all smiles, ready to have this baby!



After the epidural, everything progressed pretty quickly.  By 11:00 I was fully dilated, fully effaced, and ready to go.  At about 12:00 the Dr. came in and said it was time to start pushing.  Jeff and I were both so anxious and excited and couldn't believe this was actually happening RIGHT NOW.



10 minutes til push time and feeling good



 During the pushing phase Allie's heart rate started to drop so they hooked me up to oxygen...However, I think Jeff needed the oxygen more than I did.  Through the oxygen mask I kept having to remind him to breathe.  I don't think he was ready for what was about to go down...and neither was I to be honest.  But he had a front row seat to the whole show and I don't think his stomach was cut out for that kind of trauma.

At 12:35 Allie Nicole came into this world and all of our worries went away, she was beautiful and healthy and I couldn't have asked for anything more.


Our first family photo, my world is complete!


My mom, my dad, Jeff's mom & dad, and Jeff's sister Jennifer were there through the whole labor and delivery and they were so eager to meet their sweet granddaughter/niece. 
Jeff was such a proud daddy, he had a permanent smile from ear to ear and it was so sweet to see him with her.

Allie's first of many nap times with daddy...

We love our precious angel so much and can't wait to watch her grow up...but not too fast, we're really enjoying her being so small and sweet.

Thank you for all of the prayers and support, we are very blessed to have so many people who love us and our daughter.  We are very grateful that we had a safe delivery and now have a healthy happy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment