Thursday, September 1, 2011

Allie Nicole's first day of life

I didn't sleep a wink the night Allie was born, I think I was running on pure adrenaline.  I was so excited, and scared, and nervous and unsure about what to do next. Jeff got a little more sleep than I did, but not much since he was sleeping on a plastic pull out 'couch.'  Lots of people came by to see Allie the day she was born and we felt so thankful to have so many people that wanted to see her and love on her.  Here are a few pics from that day...

Nana

Paw paw
My sweet friends from work came to visit.  Richard was there too, but he was a little scared of holding Allie so we'll have to take her to visit him soon.

Heather & Allie

Michelle & Allie


Our friend Roger even came to visit!  I grew up with Roger and he's been a very good friend of mine since 6th grade and Jeff and Roger are friends from college.  Roger doesn't hold newborns so Allie must be special.

My aunt Anne came from Lebanon to meet Allie

And Allie with her other grandpa (I think his name will be pops, but I don't know if that's set in stone yet or not).  She has 6 grandparents which means she'll be extra spoiled.

And my friend Lauren came by...she actually held her, but I didn't get a picture of it.

Allie already loves napping with her Aunt Jennifer...

And just a few more pics from Allie's first day in this world...
I love my little family so much!!
On her first day of life, she already does what her daddy says.  Every time she would start to cry Jeff would say "Allie stop whining, big girls don't cry" and amazingly, she would stop.  I think his voice is just soothing to her because he talked to her a lot in the womb.  But I hope she continues to obey him as she gets older...I'd much rather him be the disciplinarian so I don't have to :).  I think it's safe to say though that she's gonna be a daddy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment