Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet 30!

Jeff surprised me yesterday with a NEW CAR for my 30th birthday!!! I feel like I'm 16 all over again, but I think this might top my green Honda civic (sorry mom & dad, as much as I loved that car at 16, I sure hope I have a better driving record with this one).  My birthday isn't until March 15th (mark your calendars), but he got it early and didn't want to hold onto it until then.  I'm usually not one to brag, but I feel like this is brag worthy, or at least my husband is brag worthy right now.  He has been very sneaky lately, getting off the phone when I walk in the room, turning his phone so I can't see what he's looking at...very suspicious!!  But don't worry, he doesn't have another girlfriend, he was just working very hard on this wonderful surprise.  




I won't lie, I wasn't easy to surprise yesterday, I almost didn't let it happen.  It was my 7th day of being sick, and I was feeling pretty bad. I had just left the doctor and gotten home to take a shower.  Jeff called and said I needed to come to his office right away to switch cars with his mom so she could get my mirror fixed.  As much as I appreciate it, I was not happy.  I was soaking wet, felt like I was gonna pass out, had a splitting headache, and had just taken Allie out of her car seat and didn't want to put her back in.  But I bit my tongue and scurried around trying to get dressed and get Allie changed and out the door, on my way out the door I spilt an entire bottle of COLD water all over Allie and had to run back in and change her clothes.  By the time I got there, I wasn't a happy camper.  Jeff told me to park by his car around back. I called him and in a not so nice tone said "I don't see your car!"  He said it's on the end on the left.  As I drove down, there it was, my beautiful new car with birthday signs all over it!  I was in shock, and immediately felt better.
Allie loved her new car too, she helped me pull it into the garage...


Thank you to the best husband and daddy in the world for the best. birthday. present. ever.  


I love it, I just want to drive around all day every day.  But gas is too expensive, so for now I'll just admire it in the garage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment