Tuesday, February 28, 2012

6 months old!

Allie turned 6 months old on Sunday.  A half of a year seems like a long time to me, I'm amazed at how fast it's flown by.  And to think that in the same amount of time from now we'll be celebrating her 1st birthday, that's just crazy talk.  But don't worry, the wheels are already spinning with birthday party ideas.   We had professional pictures done on Sunday that I'll share when we get them back, but for now, here are some pics I took of my half year old little girl.




We had her 6 month checkup this morning and everything looked good, minus the four shots.  That didn't go over so well....

She actually did surprisingly well with the first three, just a little scream here and there.  But then I had to remind the nurse that she forgot her flu shot so she had to go get one and come back, that ticked Allie right off!  

She weighed in at a little over 18 lbs., putting her in the 92nd percentile for weight.  And before you go all "what are you feeding that baby?" on me, the Dr. said she's well proportioned since she's also in the 75th percentile in height.  She's just a big girl, and I like her that way.  

I have bad news for Allie this month, the Similac is slowly getting weeded out of her diet.  Shhh, don't tell her, I'm trying to break it to her gently.  She's moving on to mostly baby food, which she actually does really well with now.  So far I haven't found a food that she dislikes, she's even warmed up to carrots.  

Her favorite toys right now are her crawl ball that she got last week from Nana & her glow seahorse (the modern day version of the 80's glow worm) that she likes to hold onto during nap time.  She also still loves books, especially soft ones, but she uses them more as a teether then for pleasure reading.

Now that she's more alert and aware of her surroundings and strangers, she's developed an aversion to men (mostly men with facial hair) and dogs.   She usually screams when she sees either.  So if you're a man, or a dog, don't be offended if Allie screams for help when you hold her, or look at her, it's not you....it's just her daddy's voice in the back of her head saying "boys are bad, boys are bad."  If you remember from my post when Allie was born, those were the first words Jeff said to Allie when she came into this world, and apparently she took it to heart.

Other exciting stuff at six months include rolling over (video posted last week), waiting impatiently for those top teeth to come in, grabbing everything in arms reach, and wiggling out of my arms to grab things not in arms reach, & highchair racing around the house with daddy (don't call DCS on us, as Jeff says "but she likes it!").

I've really loved every minute of being with Allie since she was born, but this is definitely my favorite stage so far.  She's so fun and happy all the time (well most of the time), but not yet able to crawl/walk away from me or talk back...it's perfect!  I'm going to cherish this time as much as I can because I know it won't last long.  But I am excited too for her next stages, I love watching her learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment