Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nashville Baby Shower

I don't know what I did to deserve such amazing friends and family, but whatever it was, I'm sure glad I did it.  Twelve of my closest friends hosted a baby shower for me on Saturday in Nashville and it was absolutely perfect.  People traveled from all over to be there for me and Allie, from Knoxville, Memphis, Lebanon, Crossville, Chattanooga and I think the award goes to Erin from Austin, Texas and Lindsey from New York!  I don't even have words for how blessed I feel to have people that care about me and my baby so much. 

The girls pulled out all the stops for the shower and I think they literally thought of everything.  Here are a few of the highlights:


Awesome diaper cake!!

More goodies on the back of the diaper cake


Onesie banner


Mine & Jeff's baby pictures


Adorable invitations created by the lovely and talented Erin Baker-Mooney

Anne , me, Amanda, and my mom


Anne, mom, me, Tina, Betty

Lori, Lindsey H., Lisa, me, Ashley, & Erin

Lindsey H, Erica, Ashley, Lindsey F, Erin, Bonnie, & Mary Jo

Me & my mom with the diaper cake


Paige, me, & Gina
*Note - I didn't plan on matching the walls in Paige's kitchen

Lindsey F & Erica

Even Jill came!! I've been friends with Jill since 3rd grade...that's a long time!

Lindsey H, Ashley, Lindsey F, me

Sweet Cameron came to celebrate Allie too! (that's Lori, not his mom Lisa...can be very confusing for some)


Lindsey & I doing our prom pose...b/c that's what we do.
Although, I guess it's a little weird to be doing a prom pose at 9 months pregnant


Me & the twins - We have several versions of this picture over the years with one or
more of us pregnant


Jeff's family - from the left Sue, me, Paula, Trish (Jeff's mom), Hope, Tracy, Marsha


Me with my wonderful hostesses - I may be biased but I think I may have
the prettiest group of friends around.


Jeff stayed at his parents most of the weekend so I got lots of good quality girl time and of course my favorite, baby time.  By the time everyone had left on Sunday I was so exhausted I could hardly move, but it was SOO worth it!

I got to wake up in the mornings to these sweet faces...


Allie's BFF Bailey Kate
Allie's potential boyfriend, Jackson.  But I have a feeling her and Bailey Kate will
be fighting over him.
And just because I can't get enough of them...after the shower we went to the pool for some relaxation in the sun...

Gotta tan the backs of those legs
Just chillin in my bumbo, scoping out the ladies


Even Kiki liked playing with the babies, which is good to know because we were worried about how she was going to react when we brought Allie home.  But we should have known, as sweet as she is, that she would just want to cuddle and lick them all over.



Allie got so many great gifts, I would show you pictures...but someone forgot to take any, ughh hmm...Gina?  Just kidding Gina, I forgive you :).  I think Allie is definitely set though, especially in the clothes department.

Thank you again to the best hostesses ever and to everyone who traveled from near & far to be there to celebrate our baby girl.  You have no idea how much it meant to me to have each and every one of you there.  I had such a great time at the shower and over the whole weekend and now I'm just ready for my baby girl to get here so you all can meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment