Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our First Baby Shower

Super cute invitations!  Excuse the lighting, the lavendar color is so pretty though in person.
We had our first baby shower in Knoxville this weekend hosted by my Aunt Ann, my cousin Ashley, and my sister-in-law Amanda. We had so much fun and got so many great things for Allie. 


My first diaper cake, it was SOO cute!  And that little frame in the front is Allie's first ultrasound picture and the frame says "love at first sight"...it's now in her nursery along w/ the diaper cake, love it!

Me & Nannie
My cousin Ashley and her son Turner


Me & Amanda

My Aunt Ann & My Cousin Jenny
My brother Jeff, my Dad, & My Uncle Jack


Me & My Cousin Jenny


Dad still wearing his sunglasses inside...he's one cool dude! :)



Opening gifts...Turner & Jeff were my little helpers


 We played a couple of really fun games including baby charades & a guess the word game.  We did guys against girls and Jeff & I were against each other trying to guess the words and the charades...it was quite entertaining.  I was pretty impressed with Jeff's baby vocabulary...but he still has a lot to learn since he did mistake a pacifier for a teething ring and he couldn't guess the word 'rocking.' 

We also played the "guess the belly size" game.  I'm not sure what the real name of the game is, but everyone cuts off a piece of ribbon that they think will fit around my belly and the person who comes the closest wins.  Most of the men ended up on my bad side with this game...but the women did pretty well.  Amanda though hit it right on the nose...even if she did go last and wait until everyone else had gone before she even cut her ribbon, it wasn't 'technically' cheating, and her ribbon was the perfect size!



Who's belly is bigger???

We had a lot of fun, thank you everyone for coming and thank you for all of the wonderful gifts!  We feel so blessed that our baby girl is already loved by so many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment