Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this post before I even finish typing it, but they say if you write down your resolutions you're more likely to follow through with them...right? And I feel like the more people I tell, the more obligated I will feel to follow through with it for the sake of not being a fake planner. So here goes...my first new years resolution/30th birthday goal is to run the Country Music Half Marathon on April 28th.  Phew...just typing it out makes me tired.  For those of you that don't know me that well...I hate running.  I mean HATE. Like I'd rather go to the dentist then go for a run.  A half marathon is something I've never felt like I could accomplish.  But when I watch the biggest loser and I see them do a FULL marathon, I think to myself, 'if they can do a full, surely I can do a half.' 

Well I attempted my first 'training' run on New Years Day (clearly my New Years wasn't wild enough). It was only 2 miles, which to most of you sounds like a walk in the park, but for me it's quite a challenge.  I told you, I HATE running.  Jeff said "it should only take you about 15 minutes" to which I replied "you've lost your mind, you clearly don't know me."  I downloaded the Nike app on my phone, which is awesome and tracks where you ran, the time, the distance and you can make comments on how it was.  The first mile wasn't SO bad, it took me 11 minutes and 20 seconds...not good, but not terrible for a beginner.   The second mile, not so much.  The wind picked up, and I was seriously wondering if I was going to make it back to my house.  I walked most of it.  Twenty Five minutes later, I finally made it back to my driveway, thank God!  I could hear the angels singing hallelujah, it was glorious.  I've never been that happy to see my house.  I can't wait for the 13 mile run...this is gonna be fun.  

And my other resolutions are pretty typical, but things I still want to accomplish.  Be a better mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister, cousin, niece, aunt, etc.  Go to church more often, and find a good sunday school class.  Do more things in my community/help others.  Work on my photography skills/gain photography skills.  Become more organized/Purge (my belongings not my food). Make my home look more pinterest worthy (all of you pinners know what I'm talking about, and for you non-pinners, don't worry about it, this is an addiction you do NOT want to start in 2012).  And last but certainly not least, make lots of great memories with family & friends.  

We have a lot of exciting stuff coming up in 2012 and I'm really looking forward to it. Not only will it be a year of firsts for Allie, which will be so exciting, but we have several trips planned (thanks to everyone getting married).  We will be traveling to Park City, Utah in March, Knoxville in June, New York City in July, Florida in August (and hopefully several more trips to florida in between), and I'll be going to Charleston in May for my BFF's bachelorette party.  Exciting stuff!!!

I hope you all had a very happy new years.  Welcome to 2012!!  

And because no post is complete without a picture of Allie...



No comments:

Post a Comment