Friday, December 30, 2011

Bittersweet day


I am filled with so many mixed emotions as today is my last day of work.  Words cannot describe how excited and grateful I am to be able to stay home with my sweet angel.  She is my world, and making sure she is happy, loved, and taken care of is my #1 goal in life.  But I've been with Morgan Keegan for 5 1/2 years in which time I've had lots of highs and lows, made lots of great friends, learned a lot about myself, and really grown as a person. This is a big deal for me. I've worked very hard to get where I am (not that I'm some huge success or anything, but I've come along way from where I started) and I'm not gonna pretend it's not hard to give that up. While being a stay at home mom has been a life long dream of mine (yes I have high ambitions), it's not easy giving up your career and what has been part of your 'identity' for so many years.  With that said though, I am very confident about this next journey that God has laid out for me and I am so very thankful to be given this opportunity.  I have been blessed beyond belief in 2011 and I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store for me!  I have a feeling this is going to be my best year yet, and here I thought 30 was old, the fun is just beginning!

My wonderful friends at work had a surprise breakfast for me this morning.  I cried when I walked in. Of course.  I've received lots of sweet cards, emails, and kind words...it's a good feeling knowing you'll be missed.  I love all of you (ok well MOST of you) MK'ers and will miss you very much, but I promise to come back and visit (and bring Allie, since that's who everyone REALLY wants to see). 

Here are a few pictures of my last day at MK with my favorite peeps.

*disclaimer - I apologize for those not pictured, you're my fave's too, but you were either not here today or already gone home this afternoon, please don't be offended :).






Thank you all again for a fabulous 5 1/2 years.  It's not goodbye, just see ya later.  Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment