Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We started our holiday weekend a little early.   Our pool didn't open until Friday, but we couldn't wait til Friday, so on Thursday we made our own little pool party in the back yard.




Friday the pool finally opened.  I feel like I've been waiting forever for it to open since it's been so hot since March.   Allie is already a little water baby, I think she could hang out by the pool all day long with no food or naps needed.  She gets that from her Mommy.  

Saturday we headed over to Grandma (Gigi) & Grandpa's to stay on the lake for the weekend.  Allie had a blast playing in the pool and getting spoiled to death by Gigi.







Allie & I having a poolside tea party

Gigi got Allie a new swing & she loved it!  





I think this was her favorite part of the weekend, Daddy pushing her around the pool on the tube.  She couldn't contain her excitement.

She's been working all winter to get that bikini body.


It was a great weekend filled with family, food, and fun but I also don't want to forget what the holiday is really about.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of our service men & women and their families, you are all far braver than I could ever dream of being and I truly appreciate all that you do for our country.   


I hope everyone had a safe & happy holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment