Thursday, May 17, 2012

My first Mother's Day

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day spending the day with my two favorite people.  I was completely spoiled and feel so incredibly blessed to have a sweet & thoughtful husband and a beautiful, healthy, and sweet baby girl.  I truly feel that being a mom is my calling.  Never in my life have I been so happy and felt so at peace with where I am and what I'm doing.  I wake up every day pinching myself and thanking God for what he has given me.  Not only did He allow me to be a mother and to experience the greatest joy in the world, but He gave me his most beautiful and precious angel to watch over.  I feel like I hit the parental jackpot.  She truly is the best baby in the world and I couldn't possibly love her anymore than I do.  


The best moment of my life so far was the first time I held my baby girl.



Allie was so excited about my first Mother's Day that she just couldn't sleep.  She woke up at 4:30 to tell me Happy Mother's Day, it was so sweet of her.  I brought her in bed with me in hopes of getting a little more sleep.  Instead, I had a chubby little hand waving in front of my face for 10 minutes and then a chubby little finger stuck up my nose.  She was ready to get the day started and did NOT want me to waste the day away sleeping.  We started the day with early church service and then went to a really yummy brunch at Mere Bulles.   The weather was pretty crappy here so we stopped at a Redbox to get some movies and headed home for a nice lazy, rainy Sunday afternoon.  



Allie got me chocolates for Mother's Day.  But she cried when I took them out of her hands. 
We still need to teach her about giving, she's used to being on the receiving end.








No comments:

Post a Comment