Monday, October 8, 2012

13 Months Old

Allie turned 13 months old on September 26th...I know I'm very behind on blogging but it's been very busy around here.   October through December is always Jeff's busiest time at work.  I'm usually just his support system through this time but since I've been working for him from home I have stayed very occupied with work and a one year old...but I still make time for all of my favorite fall activities!

I took Allie out to take a few pictures on her 13 month birthday :).










At 13 months she is walking, but still pretty slow and cautious.  She's been eating a whole lot better which makes this momma happy.  Her new favorite vegetable is green beans, she shovels them in like candy.  She loves every kind of fruit and eats it so fast she gags.  She's been having a lot of constipation issues and blood in her stool (sorry, I know, TMI) since she started on all solid foods and whole milk so the doctor switched her to 2% and I cut out most cheeses and I'm trying my best to get her to eat all of her vegetables, but that's been tough.  I know we need to set a better example, but I tasted one of her cooked carrots the other day and gagged.   I don't do cooked carrots or peas...I can't.  I know I need to start if I want her to eat them...but I really don't want to.  I guess I can make that sacrifice just for Allie.  

She completely gave up the bottle about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  It only took one day to break her from it which I was amazed and so happy about.  I really thought it was going to be a 2 month miserable process for me.  She would refuse sippy cups of ALL kinds....like wouldn't even touch them, much less bring them to her lips.  But as suggested by her pediatrician, I put water in her bottles and only put her milk in the sippy cups and she only skipped milk for one meal before she just gave up and started drinking from the sippy cup.  I was so relieved!

She loves walking around the house exploring, and climbing the stairs when I'm not looking (and no, I have not yet put up a baby gate...I know I'm terrible).   She's still barefoot 90% of the time.  Her shoe size is a 4 1/2 so all of her size 5 shoes are still a tad too big and hard for her to walk in.  

She has 4 new molars that took forever to come through and now she's starting to act like she's teething again....I will be really happy when she has all of her teeth, this teething stuff is for the birds.  

She loves all of her toys and usually only plays with one for a few seconds before she moves on to the next.  Her favorite thing to do has always been to empty the toys out of the basket (she really likes emptying anything from any type of container) so I still keep boxes of toys in every room so that she's always entertained while I'm trying to get stuff done.  She loves emptying the basket where we keep our remotes and then she carry's it around the house with her.  She's become quite possessive of the anywhere chair we got her for her birthday.  If we sit in it, she throws a full blown temper tantrum and tries to push us out. She's very dramatic and throws her arms up and throws her head back like we've just ruined her whole world. 

She's not a fan of hugging.  If anyone (including Jeff) gives me a hug (or vice versa) she screams her head off like we're being attacked.  Maybe she does think we're being attacked, I don't know...it's cute though, she's protective of us.   She loves her Daddy, she gets so excited when he comes home from work.  She will follow him around the house squealing and throwing her arms up, it's like she just can't contain all of the excitement.  It's so sweet and I know it makes his day.   

She still sleeps from about 7:30 p.m.- 7 a.m. and takes a one hour nap in the morning and about a two hour nap in the afternoon.  She even falls asleep on us sometimes, which is heaven on earth.   I really don't think there is anything better then having a peaceful sleeping baby in your arms.

I think that's all for now.   Happy Fall Y'all!  I don't even say y'all so I don't know where that came from...but it sounded good.

No comments:

Post a Comment