Wednesday, June 1, 2011

28 weeks = 7 months

I made it to the 3rd trimester, whoo hoo!!!  Lucky for me, it's 97 degrees outside.  Seeing that I can hardly walk to my car without pouring sweat...I'd say this is going to be one LONG summer! 

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend.  We had a very busy one but it was a lot of fun.  We got to see lots of people that we haven't seen in awhile which was awesome and on Monday we got do my favorite thing in the whole world...boating!!  I did however get a little too much sun and I'm paying for it now (note to self...throw your sunscreen away after two years...it expires and no longer protects you from the sun....lesson learned).

This week Allie is now the size of a chinese cabbage (I've provided a picture for comparison for those of us that have no clue what a chinese cabbage is...not to be confused for regular cabbage which apparently is bigger).  She weighs about 2.5 pounds and she can now open and close her eyes, which now have eyelashes, hopefully like her daddy's. 

Chinese cabbage a.k.a. Allie


She has been moving so much the past couple of weeks, I feel like she's awake 20 hours out of the day...even while I'm sleeping, which is unfortunate for me :).  But I love feeling her move around, it makes me smile.  Jeff doesn't like to let her sleep either. If she's not moving for him he likes to shake my belly until she kicks him (don't worry, we googled it, this is NOT harmful to the baby...and you should always trust google searches, right?). 

 
Here's an updated picture of my ever growing bump.  It gets bigger everyday and I now officially have an 'outy.' 
28 weeks - Photography by the lovely and talented Heather Watts


Allie's room is still a work in progress but I'll try to post some pictures of what we have so far.  I just really hope she loves the color purple as much as her mom does :).

We are leaving on Friday for a 10 day beach vacation...I can't remember the last time I had a 10 day vacation...I'm pretty sure it was never.  But a big thanks to my beautiful sister-in-law who decided to get married in Destin, FL! We are heading down early to work on our tans before the big day and to get some much needed rest and relaxation.  We are so excited for Jennifer & Mike and can't wait to celebrate with everyone!

Happy hump day!!
p.s. for those of you that have had trouble 'following' the blog, there is apparently a system wide problem with this feature so hopefully they'll get it cleared up soon.

1 comment: