Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4D ultrasound

Well as I told you last week, we got to see Allie on Monday in a 4D ultrasound.  It was very cool, and somewhat strange, watching her moving around in there and being able to see what she's doing.  It was late in the afternoon so she wasn't extremely active, but we still got some pretty good shots of her.  It was hard for them to get good shots of her face because she had her feet, yes her feet not her hands, in front of her face and would not move them, even after several nudges.  I know it's hard to tell this early on, but I personally think she looks like me :).  As far as they could tell, she didn't have any hair yet...which is also like me, I think I was bald until I was 2 or 3...poor Allie. 

Here are a few of the pictures that we got, I know she still looks alien-like, but to us she's already the most beautiful girl in the world!
 
I think she has my lips...which means not much upper lip...maybe they'll plump up




She opened her eyes for us

And she's sticking her tongue out at daddy again, I think she's still got some beef with him over the whole boy/girl thing.

They also gave us a DVD of the whole ultrasound set to a Celine Dion soundtrack...very moving. 

On another baby note, Lisa had her baby boy today!! He came in at 8 lbs 4 oz and mommy and baby are doing great.  I am so happy for them and can't wait to meet baby Cameron! 

We are leaving for Chicago tonight and I am so excited!  Jeff is going for a work conference and I am just tagging along for my last hoorah before the baby. Should be a fun trip, I'll share pictures next week.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. baby allie is so cute! have a blast in chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little miss! I want to hear all about your trip when you get back. Your shower is in 23 days:) Yippie!!

    ReplyDelete