Friday, September 9, 2011

Going home!!

We were so excited to finally take Allie home.  Jeff was ready to take her home about 2 hours after she was born...but I think that was mostly because he was sleeping on a plastic couch and he has a huge phobia with hospitals and Dr.'s offices.  But Sunday finally came and it was time to be discharged, which turned out to be a lot longer process than we had anticipated.  We woke up early and had everything packed and ready to go only to be sitting there waiting for about 4 hours before we were finally cleared to leave.  But once we were outta there, it was like breaking free from jail...it was the first time I had been outside in 3 days.

I woke up Sunday morning to this...melts my heart!

Sporting her new gown from Chase & Caitlin

She loved her car seat...I just love those cheeks.


Ready to go, get me outta here!

And we finally made it home!!  Jeff wanted to test out her swing, I think this was the longest amount of time she had been put down since she was born. 
And her Granny came by to meet her...

My mom stayed with us for a week after Allie was born and was more helpful than I could have hoped for.  I really don't know what I would have done without her that first week.

Allie & Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment