Monday, September 26, 2011

One Month

I cannot believe it's been a month since Allie was born, I feel like we just brought her home.  But this has been the best month of our lives.  I obviously always knew that I would love my kids unconditionally but I honestly never imagined that I could love her this much.  I mean how could you not be completely obsessed with this sweet face??

Yesterday was our one year wedding anniversary and Jeff's parents kept Allie Saturday night so that we could celebrate.  I'm not gonna lie, it was rough, I was a complete basket case.  I mean, Allie has been attached to me in some form for almost a year now, whether she was in my belly or in my arms, so being away from her was really hard on me.  There were lots of tears, which doesn't make for a very romantic anniversary, but I did the best I could.  I knew Allie was in good hands so it wasn't that I was worried about her at all...I just missed her so much.  But Jeff booked a couples massage for us Saturday afternoon so I was able to relax for an hour and then we had dinner at Sambuca.  I had an awesome night of uninterrupted sleep which was AMAZING and we enjoyed a nice peaceful breakfast at Puckett's on Sunday morning.  And then the best part of our day was picking up our sweet baby girl.  She did so good at grandma & grandpa's and I know they loved spending time with her...but we absolutely could not wait to see her!

At one month old, Allie took her first nap in her own crib.  She only lasted about 30 minutes or so and I didn't take my eyes off of the monitor for the entire 30 minutes, but baby steps right?  And she just looked so darn sweet in there...



And one last picture of my sweet girl...

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet baby! Julie, I can totally relate to your anxiety about leaving the baby at your parents house for the first time. We did that when Max was about a month old too, and it was really hard, but it was so worth it! It gave us a break and it gave my parents some alone time with the baby. It was a good thing for everyone, and it really made me realize how much I love that little baby. I know you can completely relate. Allie is so sweet! Enjoy her!

    Amy Muesch

    ReplyDelete