Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mexico - Part Two

So when we planned this trip I swore that I would never take Allie away from the resort.  I put my foot down, and I meant it.  But I lied. I was convinced by my travel companions and several other people we met at the resort to take the ferry over to Isla Mujeres, which was directly across the ocean from our resort.   Everyone was talking about how beautiful it was and how we just had to see it.  So against my better judgement, we decided to make the trip over, how dangerous could it be? Again, I was a ball of nerves the entire day, as this island wasn't as 'touristy' as I was led to believe.   I think I only saw one other American, which wasn't very reassuring.  But in the end, despite my motherly anxiety about danger, it was a safe trip and it was fun to see a different part of Mexico.  We rented a golf cart and explored the island all day.  We got lost, but it just made for  more site seeing.  Jeff held on very tight to Allie the whole time and I trusted that he would never let anything happen to her.


Allie's first boat ride.  The lady behind us seems very excited, it may have been
her first boat ride as well.




Watching the birds with Daddy.  There were these really creepy birds
that hovered over our resort. Jeff kept saying it was a sign of the end of civilization. 





"Mom, did you see those things?  They're super weird."

No comments:

Post a Comment