Monday, April 30, 2012

NYC - Adults only

Jeff & I had a nice couple's trip to NYC last weekend.  It was actually a business trip for Jeff, but we still got to have a lot of fun, and I got to hang out with my bestie who lives there.  I wouldn't call it a 'relaxing' vacation, as New York City is anything BUT relaxing, but it was definitely a fun and much needed trip. As much as I hated being away from Allie, Jeff and I really needed some adult time to do fun things that we can't exactly do with an 8 month old tagging along.  I'm talking blackout curtains, a king size comfy bed, and 3 nights of uninterrupted blissful sleep people!


We saw Mickey & Minnie in Times Square, Allie would have been in heaven.


We spent about 45 minutes in the Disney store.  My NY trips have changed quite a bit over the years.  Jeff was trying to walk out with a life size Minnie Mouse, but we settled on an ornament & a normal size Statue of Liberty Minnie Mouse.  We are so screwed when Allie gets old enough to actually ASK her Dad for things, he is a total sucker with that little girl.  It's very sweet though, he just loves spoiling her, and I love watching him spoil her.  


Yes, I watch the Kardashians, and yes, I took a picture of their store.  Don't judge me.


I didn't get any pictures of our dinner Thursday night, but we went to the City Winery where we had a great meal and watched a live comedy show.  This was my first live comedy show and I really enjoyed it, minus the 2 or 3 really awkward, not so funny comedians.  The others made up for it.

Friday night we had dinner at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park.  The same exact spot where we'll be celebrating my best friends wedding in less than 3 months! It was gorgeous, the food was amazing, and I cannot WAIT to do it all over again with all of my closest friends!




We went to a Met's game on Saturday.  The weather was perfect and Lindsey & Bryan met us there and we had a lot of fun.





Lindsey's fiance Bryan (BK) showing off his modeling skills. 


I've always wanted to see the Lion King on Broadway.  Lucky for me, it was included as part of the business trip...the only way I could drag my husband to a Broadway show.  I thought it was pretty spectacular, and though he would never admit it, I think he enjoyed it as well...at least the parts he was awake for.


This is the view from Lindsey's condo in NYC.  I guess I can see why she's not quite ready to move back to TN, though I really wish she would.  While I can't offer her this kind of view, I can offer lots of trees, beautiful rolling hills, and large pastures of green grass for Chloe to run around in.  



My God daughter Chloe.  Isn't she a cutie.

We spent our last couple of hours walking around China town in the rain trying to get some sweet deals, but unfortunately, I think we just got ripped off.  I get very uncomfortable in these places and Jeff is just impatient, a bad combination when you're trying to negotiate.

We seriously had a blast, but I was really anxious to get home to my baby girl.  I thought she'd be a lot more excited about the souvenirs we brought home for her.  This was not quite the reaction I was going for...






No comments:

Post a Comment