Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Allie turns ONE!!!

It happened.  The moment I've been anticipating/dreading for the last year, my little angel turned one.   Don't get me wrong, I love watching her grow up and learn new things and become her own little independent person...but it's also sad seeing her need me less and less.  

We had Allie's one year checkup yesterday and other than the fact that they kept us waiting for an hour and I had to keep a rambunctious baby entertained in a 5x5 room with no toys, everything looked great!  She was 24 pounds and 30 1/2 inches long.  She's in the 86th percentile in height and weight, so all though she's a tad big for her age, she's perfectly proportional :).  She's currently wearing 18 month clothes, but still fits into some 12 month stuff.  She had three shots and as usual she screamed her head off for about 3 minutes and then I gave her a daffy duck sticker and she was right back to her happy self.  She was very sleepy yesterday after her shots, which gave me lots of time to get caught up on house cleaning that I've been putting off since her birthday party (I know that's terrible...and gross).  

She won't let me in her mouth to count her teeth but I know she has 8 visible ones in the front and I think she has 4 new back teeth for a total of 12.  She has fat little feet and I'm still trying to find a pair of shoes that will fit, but for now she'll be going barefoot. She's not walking yet, but she took 3 steps the other night.  She walks really well with toys and with us holding her hands.  She stands pretty strong on her own and is very proud of herself and throws her arms up in the air like she just finished an olympic gymnastic routine.   She has a fake laugh that she uses when other people are laughing, apparently she doesn't like being left out of a joke.  She surprisingly loves to cuddle, which Jeff and I are totally soaking up  because I know it won't last long.  She has a new 'mean' face that she gives when you say something she doesn't like or if you ask her to share.  She used to be so good at sharing, I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe she was spoiled too much on her birthday, but it started about a week after she turned one.  Is it possible the terrible twos are starting a year early?  I hope not!  She's become very sassy and independent and pushes our hands away if we try to help her do something.  Her hair is slowly starting to grow and I think it's going to be a dark blonde color, but you never know.  She has the cutest little curls on the back of her head.  She's eating grown up food now, though she still prefers baby food (yuck).  She loves cheese, pasta, pizza, sandwich meat, chicken, strawberries, cheerios, puffs, yogurt and vegetable wise she will eat green beans and broccoli but not a lot of it.  We switched her to whole milk when we got back from the beach and she loves it as long as I slightly warm it up for her, she's not a fan of cold milk...little diva.  She still won't touch juice or water.  I'm working on getting rid of the bottles and moving to sippy cups, but that's not going well either.  As suggested by the Doctor, tomorrow I'm going to start putting water in her bottles so she won't want them anymore, and hopefully she'll start taking the sippy cups...fingers crossed! She used to drink out of her sippy cups but for some reason she won't even touch them now.   She doesn't have a favorite toy right now, she pretty much loves them all, but she still prefers things that aren't toys like our remotes, boxes, dishes, and the toilet (I've found her several times with her hands in the toilet so I've been trying to make a conscious effort to keep the bathroom door closed).  She learned how to climb the stairs very well, but of course doesn't know how to get back down.  I was going to buy a baby gate, but she lost interest in the stairs after a couple of days and doesn't even go near them now.  So we'll see!  The only words she says right now are mama & dadda, daga (for doggie), nana, & hi.  She still loves Mickey Mouse and her other favorite cartoon is doc mcstuffins.  She loves to dance.  When she hears music of any kind, whether it be a commercial, the radio, or even a lullaby from one of her toys, she swings her arms back and forth and claps her hands. 

We are having Allie's one year pictures done in a couple of weeks but here are a few I took on Sunday night.


This is that 'mean' face I was talking about.  We've been seeing this A LOT ever since she turned one.

And there's my sweet girl with her wubby (not sure how I'm ever gonna break her from these)


Look at those teeth!

I love this picture of her, so sweet!

And this is my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment