Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"First Steps" - Video

Allie took her real first steps about a week and a half after her first birthday, but since I was usually the only one to see her, it was very difficult to catch it on video.   Since then, she would take a few steps here and there, but always walking towards me and usually falling into me on the last step.  She's been walking with walking toys since about 11 months, and loves to push furniture and toys around to get her from place to place.  She'll push an ottoman across the room to get her to her toys...smart girl...and strong!

Just this week she's starting standing herself up and taking steps on her own.  I was finally able to catch some of it on video on Sunday morning.   (she wasn't happy about me taping her at first :))
And today she's actually been walking all over the place.   She stands herself up, walks a few steps, falls, and stands back up and keeps walking.  I've just been sitting in silence watching her walk all over the living room from toy to toy.  She's 13 months old today so I'll say she officially started 'walking' at 13 months.  I'm so proud of my big toddler!

And while I'm sharing videos...she's also been doing a lot of climbing and 'dancing' on her chair.  She loves climbing in and out of her chair and she gets so proud when she climbs out and lands on her feet (she does not, however, land on her feet in this particular video)


No comments:

Post a Comment