Thursday, September 20, 2012

Letters to my Angel - One Year

My dearest Allie,
I can't believe it's already been a year since I first held you in my arms.  I will never forget that moment or how I felt.  You were screaming crying when you first entered the world and as soon as they laid you on my chest and I said hi to you, you looked up at me and you were instantly calm.  
I never imagined the amount of love I would have for you, and you'll never understand it either until you have a child of your own.  It's impossible to describe unless you've felt it before, but it's the most fulfilling, overwhelming, and unconditional love you could ever imagine.  When I think about you my heart feels like it's going to explode and I could burst into tears (happy tears).  Sometimes I squeeze you a little too tight or kiss you too much and you get mad and push me away.  But sometimes, you'll open up your mouth and kiss me back and though it's a slobbery mess, those are the best kisses in the world. 

Your Daddy is quite obsessed with you too, and seeing him with you and hearing him talk about you makes me love him even more.  He loves to play with you but his favorite is just relaxing with you. He can't stand for you to be sleeping peacefully in your bed, he waits until you fall asleep and then he goes and picks you up and brings you in the living room to sleep on his chest.  That's the happiest I've ever seen him is when you're laying with him.   You bring so much happiness and peace to even his most stressful days. 

And it's not just your Dad, you bring so much joy to all of the lives you touch.  Your laughter and smile light up my whole world, and when your upset it breaks my heart.  I try really hard to stay stern if I'm trying to teach you a lesson, but it literally rips my heart out to see you cry.   You get your feelings hurt very easily with a simple look, or the words "no" or "be nice."  

I thank God every day for you.  You are the greatest gift he's ever given to me.  I don't remember what life was like before you were born, but I know I'd never want to go back.   I have had more fun taking care of you and watching you grow over the past year then I've ever had in my whole life.   I think about the future a lot and things that we'll get to do together and while I wish you would stay a baby forever, I can't wait for all of those little moments that I'll get to spend with you.  

Some of my favorite moments are when I come to get you out of bed and your standing there with a huge smile and then when I pick you up, you lay your head on my chest and just lay there for a few minutes. 

Watching the world through your eyes is such a blessing.  The look of awe on your face when you do or see something for the first time is priceless.  It makes me look at the world in a different light, and makes me more appreciative, and I'm so thankful for that.

Thank you Allie Nicole Pitta for changing our lives for the better and thank you for being the best daughter any parents could ask for.  

Happy First Birthday to my little princess!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment