Thursday, March 15, 2012

30...no so bad

Well it's official, I am no longer a twenty something.  It's kind of a weird feeling, but 30 really isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I don't know why but I always feared 30, but there really wasn't anything to fear.  I can honestly say that life is so much better at 30 then it was at 20.  Yes I had a blast in my 20's, but I am at such a happy and peaceful place right now that there is no way I would ever want to look back. 


Naturally, Allie was the first one to wish me a happy birthday.  At around midnight, when she decided to wake up screaming until I held her (my mom followed close behind at about 12:20, not really sure what she was doing up at midnight though).  I guess Allie just wanted to spend my birthday with me, but sleeping all night with a twenty pound weight on your chest is extremely exhausting.  I don't know what happened to the days of her sleeping 12 hours in her crib without making a peep, but she's been extremely restless lately, and it's about to drive me insane.  I blamed it on teething at first, but it's been going on for about two months now and no more teeth have come through.  If anyone has any advice on sleep training a 6 month old, please feel free to pass along...I'm desperate.


On a better note though, we are slowly getting her back to normal.  Allie hasn't been the same since the stomach virus that turned our home upside down two weeks ago.  She quit eating, which if you've been following my blog you know that is VERY worrisome for my little food obsessed chunky monkey.  After about a week I had her back on a formula schedule where she was eating normal amounts again, but she was still refusing baby foods.  Last night was the first night I got her to eat a full thing of baby food, and this morning she finished her baby food as well.  So it looks like we're on the right track back to normalcy, thank you God for answered prayers!


Ok, time to get out and enjoy this beautiful day with the best birthday present I could ever receive.  


p.s. Beware the Ides of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment