Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Allie's 7 Months Old!

Time is flying by, but we're having so much fun with her right now and trying to enjoy every second.  As I've mentioned in recent posts, she's been sick a few times and it's thrown her off track with her eating and sleeping, but we're slowly getting back to normal.  Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and helpful advice.  She's been doing much better these past few days.  She's eating better, sleeping a little better, and seems to be much happier.  I took her to the Dr. last week after I had posted about her struggles, and we didn't get a whole lot of answers.  But I guess that's a good thing, nothing seemed to be wrong with her medically, they said it was just going to take time.  They did however put in her file that she's 'anorexic', which they assured me is just the technical term for refusing to eat foods, but no more calling my baby chunky...time to promote a healthy body image :)! I did a few things that they recommended to try and get her feeling better and they seemed to help a little.  And she cut one of her top teeth over the weekend, so that explains our recent sleeping issues.  


But despite everything, I couldn't ask for a happier or sweeter baby.  She's funny too, she has the cutest personality and she keeps us laughing all day.  She's still growing strong, and almost outgrowing her car seat weighing in at 19 pounds.  I guess it's time to start shopping for a big girl car seat...yikes!


She's going through a phase (which I hope she never grows out of) where she thinks her dad is the greatest thing on the planet.  I mean seriously, when he walks in the room she squeals like a teenager who just saw Justin Bieber.  And she continues to squeal every time he talks to her.  It's so adorable, and I know it makes him feel good, which makes my heart smile.


She finally rolled over from front to back, but she's only done it once.  And she tries every day to crawl, though I know that despite her ambition, it might be awhile before that happens.  She still loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  The two things that currently make her squeal with excitement are her Dad and the Mickey Mouse hot dog dance.  


Please excuse the quality of these pictures, they were taken with my iphone.




No comments:

Post a Comment