Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday's have changed dramatically since we became parents, but honestly, I much prefer Sunday's having fun with my family over the Sunday Funday's of the past.  We started off with breakfast at Star Bagel before church.
After church we went to lunch at Rafferty's where Allie met her birthday twin Madison.  The little girl sitting at the table next to us was born on August 26th.  Allie of course looked like she ate this other child, but I'd much prefer my little chunk-a-munk.


After lunch we headed over to the Meadow's house for a pool party!  We had so much fun with the Meadow's and Vitucci's and their sweet baby girls.  Allie got to hang out with another twin of hers, but this time I think she finally met her match!  Harper was born about 3 weeks after Allie but they are so similar in their looks, weight, and personalities it's scary.  They are both very aggressive, so we knew they were either going to love each other or a fight was going to break out in seconds.  I'd say they ended up loving each other.


Harper & Allie, twins!

Allie & Taylor Grace

The girls having a picnic

Sweet Harper

Allie & Harper in the baby pool.  Harper is the one on the right wearing her cute matching swimsuit and hat & Allie's the redneck baby on the left swimming in a diaper.  In her defense, I was just being lazy and didn't want to put a wet swimsuit back on her after she ate.

Chris & TG


I can't tell you how many times I've scalded Jeff for getting Allie's face too close to the water or for being too 'dangerous.'  I try not to be the nagging paranoid mom, but I guess I am.  I've seen Allie get water in her face, and it's not pretty, so I just tried to give him a fair warning.  Well I think he finally learned his lesson yesterday.  While playing with her in the pool, her face went in the water for a split second and that split second turned into a massive panic attack.  Poor baby, she seriously has issues with getting water in her face, and I'm not sure what it stems from.  But it's the most pitiful thing you've ever seen in your life, the look of shear terror on her face absolutely breaks your heart.  I really wanted to get her in swim lessons at 12 months old, but now I'm thinking that might be a terrible idea.  She LOVES the water...just not in her face.  So maybe we'll hold off on swim lessons until next year.


The Dad's & babies

Allie kept trying to yank the strawberries off of Harper's bathing suit.

Allison, Allie, Harper, & Me

My brave little girl also pet a frog today.  The frog jumped on her leg and while she stayed perfectly calm, Jeff & I freaked.


Allie had so much fun yesterday that she only napped a total of 45 minutes the entire day, and that was in the car on the way to and from each place.  That explains why it is now 8:30 and she's still in bed.  I should probably go check on her now.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment