Friday, June 15, 2012

Sweet friends

One of my best friends, Lisa, and her 11 month old boy Cameron came to visit us not last Friday but the Friday before (I know I'm a little behind).  I was SOOO excited to see them!! Lisa works at Morgan Keegan in Knoxville and we used to chat all day long every day (sorry MK :)) and I really miss getting to talk to her every day.  It was great catching up and getting to spend time with her sweet baby boy.  He's a chunk like Allie, and as sweet as they come!  I'm not sure he was a huge fan of Allie's aggressive nature, but I think they had fun playing together.  Since Cam is very mobile now, it actually helped me to know what I need to move or get rid of to child proof my house...and apparently that's everything. I'm thinking about just clearing out all furniture and padding the floors and walls.  It seems to be the safest option.


Cameron liked Allie's homemade rice rattle :)

Sweet boy!

Lunch date :)







While they were here Allie got to try out some new foods.  Baked Ziti, which she LOVED.  And biscuits and gravy, she loved the biscuits, not a huge fan of the gravy....she's watching her figure.


We spent the rest of our Saturday at the pool (my favorite way to spend a Saturday).  



Sunday we went to church and Allie got to try out their child care for the first time.   As I expected, she loved it.  I don't know if I should be happy or take offense to the fact that she is never sad when we leave her somewhere, she just smiles and sometimes waves goodbye.  I guess it's a good thing, but I at least want her to miss me a little bit, even just a smidge.  After church we went out to the lake and took a ride on the boat to watch Daddy and uncle Michael wakeboard.  
Looking cute in the shark hat Grandpa got her in Mexico

Helping Daddy drive the boat

Hating her life jacket

She hates her life jacket...which makes for a not very relaxing boat trip for Mommy.  So Monday I went to Target and got her a new one.   She seems to like it better already....fingers crossed.


1 comment:

  1. I can sooo relate to this post! Nice to know I'm not alone. I was just telling Josh at dinner that I'm so glad that Harper doesnt have separation anxiety...but my ego is bruised a little too. I also have a child hating her life jacket. Target fish jacket might be my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete